Sunday, August 02, 2009

HM training #2

7/27/2009: long run #3
69.7 min / 7.6 mi = 9.2 min/mi
This was a weekday morning run before the sun came up. Started at 5:15a. Had plans to run a sort of loop, however missed a turn due to a street changing names, so just wing'ed it. I was hoping for 8.1 mi to stay on track, but no dice here. Will catch up to the schedule this weds or so. Nice morning, but I'm afraid the route I took includes a lot of street crossings and long traffic signals. May try it one more time to see if I do the loop I'd intended in case that improves the route.

8/2/2009: "maintenance" run
66.3 min / 6.8 mi = 9.75 min/mi
Saw a pellican spashing in the water with its wings, and also some neat RC planes. One looked like an F-15 (two vertical stabilizers, at least), and a few other dudes were flying gliders they'd do a spinning move to launch from their hand, and then try to find updrafts over dark patches of soil. The gliders were probably about 2 ft wide. Was not planning on making this a long run... will heal up before I do the official long run.

No comments: