Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Wierd daytime run

Wierd run today with a co-worker. Co-worker is cool, but the run was right midday during lunch, and they ain't got showers! I just hid away in a break room and ate lunch while I stopped profusely sweating, and then changed back into my work clothes. I did a hit of deoderant of course, but it was just wrong getting back into work clothes. Ew. Maybe next time I'll run at the end of the day, cool down while I download and maybe watch some lecture, and then just leave running clothes on and ride the train back. Train people smell, occasionally, so I might as well join the crowd.

Also wierd, i didnt run the whole time. I ran and walked intermittantly because the other guy wanted to take it easy. Total time running was >15 min. Probably closer to 25 min. Had a really good burst of energy at the end of the run and got some really long steps in. I think I can get some GREAT speed doing that, but I'm worried about my bones. Hopefully I can eventually get to that long stride for a full 5K.

In related news: Disneyland Half Marathon run signups postponed until Jan 8.

No comments: