Friday, January 18, 2008

1ST RUN OF 2008!

I did my first run of 2008 this morning, and it was my first experience with the Nike+IPod thing. First off, I am really out of shape... my chest felt like it was going to explode before I even completed 1 mile!

I calibrated the thing while running ~.25 miles and then walking ~.25 miles before my ran. I might want to do it again next time.

Overall, it was pretty neat! I'll probably continue logging my results the old way too (for a little while), but the Nike+IPod system is really cool.

Here are my results...
Jan 18, 2008 (10:30AM)
Distance: 1.17-1.18 miles
Time: 11:13
Pace: 9:29-9:28 min/mi
Calories: 115

I did 5 laps in Lane 6 ~2395 yds... not sure which is more accurate. Probably the Nike+IPod thing cuz I had to change lanes a little bit... but then again, when I calibrated it, I'm not sure if I did it correctly (which is why I'm going to re-do the calibration on my next run).

Then again... when I was done with my race, it said 1.17 miles and 9:29 min/mi on my IPod screen... but then why I uploaded the info to the website, it recorded it as 1.18 miles and 9:28 min/mi on the website.

You should sign up for Nike+IPod too! That'll save me some time from blogging here! You'd like the website too... graph's, stats, etc.

---Andrew =)

No comments: