Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Susan G. Komen 5K Results

YOOOOO...

Sorry for the late posting, but here are my results from my 5K on Sunday morning, Feb. 25th, at 9:30am.

-2036 runners, 4114 walkers.
-wore #354
-in division 102 (Male 18-24)
-official running time: 23:19 min
-average mile pace: 7:32 min
-placed 13th in my division
-placed 134th overall in race

There were tons of people there. I think I was screwed a few seconds out of my official time... partly because it took a while before I could start since I was in the middle of the pack at the beginning. Also, there was some confusion to where the finishing line was, so I stopped the time on my stopwatch prematurely before actually crossing the line. My watch said 23:10 but it was probably a couple more seconds after that because of the screw-up at the end. Also, I always question whether the volunteers get the actual times during big races like these. It seems so sloppy.

Anyways, I fully completed my goal of running a 5K under 24 minutes and beat my first-ever 5K score (24:32). My legs were a little sore the next couple of days, by the way. Oh yeah, and the only reason why I'm accepting the 23:19 score against my 23:10+ score is because the race got a little easier in the middle where it was just all downhill. Maybe that's part of the reason why I ran better.

The results are actually posted online at www.lackomenrace.org under "Race Information"... the fastest time was by a 22-year-old guy who did it in 15:41 min.

What else... oh yeah, during the race, I didn't feel as bad as our October 5K. I felt a cramp coming but I eased it by breathing heavily. It took me a long time before I got winded. Also, I recovered quicker after the race. During our October 5K I initially felt a little weird right when I finished, but I was back to normal pretty quickly for this one. Although... my high after the race was bigger in October I think. I did physically feel good, but not as good as in October.

Dude... my last stretch of running was awesome. I turned up the engines and the reserves and finished strongly. I flew by everyone and it seemed like I was the only one trying to do that. Everyone seemed to just jog in cuz they were tired. Man, my headphones came off and everything cuz I was just chugging along and my legs felt detached from my body. But I didn't care.

The host interviewed runners after they finished while the race was still going on and I was interviewed at some point. It was a good 5K and a good cause and I'll probably do it next year. I really feel like if I train hard enough this summer, I'll be able to do a 10K.

Go to www.photocrazy.com to see pics! Wish you guys were there!

---Andrew =)

No comments: