Thursday, June 12, 2008

Strange Occurance Run

Ran ~2.8 in 24 min or so. Just was feeling jiggly again.... I think I'm converting muscle weight into fatty weight (despite my overall weight not changing). I feel more rotund. So at the last possible minute, I decided to go run (at dusk).

BUT as I'm running, first, there's a fire truck and ambulance responding to some emergency at the park that's along my route. Looks like a kid got hurt on the playground, but didn't want to rubberneck too hard.

THEN as I'm running back, 3 sherrif cars are zooming down the road (it's a back road that they use to move around quickly due to low traffic), one was hilariously blasting some girly pop music over the PA system.

AND THEN I'm just about home and I see some kittens in the grass between the sidewalk and the street. They were black cats with a white stripe down their backs.... with fluffy tails... and it hit me that they were actually baby skunks! 4 of them foraging for something in the grass - food or something. Sort of cute. I got some photos (see facebook). Whenever I got close to them to take the picture, they'd turn around and point their stink canons at me, so I gave them their distance =P

No comments: