Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Good Job Man

Hey dude,

Didn't run today... not yet at least, but just wanted to say that sub 8 min per mile is AWESOME and you're logging that BY YOURSELF in practice! I've been running a lot but there's a difference between training for a 5K and a training for a marathon... there's still a chance to get McAllisterized and McAllistung! Plus, I hope the one week recovery from the marathon is enough.

Anyways, keep it up and know that you're still in it! I think that you'll be able to improve your time (since you improved last year) if you keep it up with the practicing. My best time is 23:19 so hopefully I can improve on that. Ever since that 23:19 run in early '07, I've been getting worse with my 5K's for some reason (age maybe? training?). My 5K time this year was my worst--> 25:05, and I was not happy about that.

So anywho, that's my spiel and I'm really excited for this 5K (maybe even more so than the marathon... well, let's just say maybe it's a tie with the marathon, cuz the marathon's gonna be frickin' exciting!). Main thing is for me to beat my personal best, then get an award, then do some Hornginatin' haha.

---Andrew =)

No comments: