Monday, October 06, 2008

Leading =)

Today was our final TNT practice all TOGETHER... by that I mean that I will still have practice next Sunday, but next Sunday some of the folks will be in Long Beach running their marathons (so not everyone will be there). The week after that is my marathon in San Fran.

It was pretty cool today... last week was our 21+ mile run, so this was the official start of the tapering. We did about 12 miles today... I was leading the pack with another guy who's really fast. During the run, he was talking about how he usually runs 5K's in 14 minutes, so I was like WHAT THE HECK!? I was also trying to absorb whatever running knowledge he gave to me, hehe.

By the way, near the end of the run a stranger woman who was pretty fit for her age (maybe late thirties) was kinda hitting on me I think... she was talking about how she was staying at this one hotel and said that she'd think about me on the day of my marathon.



Anyways, I've been thinking a lot recently about the 5K. Maybe that's not a good thing to be thinking about and focusing on since I'll be running a marathon soon, but the 5K this month is just as important to me. The first Pumpkin 5K was great, but the second one kinda blew. You (Andy) got 2nd place the first time, then 3rd place (beating me by 14 seconds!) the second time... and you (Emily) didn't place the first time, but placed 3rd the second time. I know placing shouldn't matter and it's all about finishing the race blah blah blah, but I really want to place this year. I've come in 4TH both years!!! Missed it by that much for 2 straight years. It's an ego thing, but I want my Pumpkin mug or trophy or whatever haha. This is really the only 5K that I can compete in and have that goal be within reach.

So here are my Pumpkin 5K goals...

4.) Hornginate, slaughter, and embarrass you both (haha you know I love you guys)
3.) Destroy and shatter my personal best of 23:19
2.) place in the top 3 in my division
1.) do all of the above while wearing a Halloween costume

---Andrew =)

No comments: