Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Last 4 Runs (including Marathon!)

1.) Easy Run At University High School's Track...
-I decided to take it easy on this one and not try to do a fast 5K.




2.) Last "TNT" Practice...
-YouTube girl wasn't there. We did only 8 miles.




3.) Last Mid-Week Run...
-I went back to West LA College to practice running a "fast" 5K by myself. This time I for sure went 11.5 laps. I broke my record of 23:19 but then again, my clock on my iPod has been a little off in the past, so maybe I tied it or went over. We'll have to see how I officially do at the Pumpkin 5K.




4.) Nike Women's Marathon...
-This was it. I got cocky at the end as I high fived everyone and then went from pure joy and elation at the finish to total depression upon seeing YouTube girl crying with her family and being held and kissed on the head by her boyfriend. I kinda wanna redo this run just to get that horrible "after taste" out... it really bummed me out seeing that. Anyways, that dip in the chart isn't me hitting the wall... I didn't hit the wall at all... it's probably went I stopped at the water stop and stretched for a little bit. My muscles above my knees were very tight. Also last note: my iPod was being VERY inaccurate this day. It was giving me credit for doing too many miles EVEN MORE than it usually does. I told myself to look at the mile markers instead of what was on the screen cuz it was messin' me up. Also, my official time was 4:14:10 (not 4:13:06... see how it's inaccurate with the time?).




Get ready for Sunday,
---Andrew =)

No comments: