Monday, August 25, 2008

3 RUNS

YOOOOO...

I did three runs since my last update but didn't post them-- whoops!

1.) Anyways, last Sunday the 17th I ran an EASY 15 miles during TNT practice... the fact that my YouTube crush and I ran together alone and talked for a while helped. We told stories and just yapped on for a while and that helped me.





2.) Then, on Wed the 20th, I went to West LA College to do a track workout with TNT. My YouTube crush wasn't there, but it was all good. We ran a 1200 (3 laps), then 800 (2 laps), then 400 (1 lap) with very short breaks in between and tried to get faster with each one. Then after we did that, we took a longer break for a few minutes and then did another set of 1200, 800, and 400. By the second set I was exhausted.

Here's the results...



And afterwards we did 2 "cool down" laps (I didn't know we were going to do this so that's why I had ended my workout)...





3.) Then, on Saturday we did a practice 1/2 marathon. I pushed myself and ran hard (but not too hard in the beginning) and felt that I had a good run. There were 2 big hills that we had to go up and down. The course was VERY confusing and I'm surprised most people didn't get lost. I felt like an idiot because at the end I made a wrong turn and ended up running the long way to the finish line (probably an extra .5 mile or 1 mile)... I felt embarrassed and dumb and didn't feel like wearing my plastic medal. All the people that I worked hard to pass were already there at the finish line when I showed up. There should've been a person to direct me at that fork but there wasn't so I just ran straight instead of making a right turn. Oh wellz... the course I heard wasn't exactly 13.1 (but more like 12.87 if I heard correctly)... so maybe I was the only one that really ran a 1/2 marathon. My time that I kept for myself was *1:57:56 (it really deserves that asterisk)... based on other people's run times and where I was in relation to them, my guess at my official time should've been around 1:50 (or, let's just say 1:49:59 haha). Anyways, if we do another 1/2 marathon I'll try to be faster.



Oh and my YouTube crush actually flirted with me on Sat... I had thought the game was over after Sunday's practice and had given up, but now the game is back on...

---Andrew =)

No comments: